**PLEASE NOTE - You must have Salesforce Administrator privileges on your account to perform this action.
After creating your Spinify Account you will need to link your Salesforce instance with Spinify so that updates to the objects you choose to run a leaderboard on are synced properly.
1. Installing Salesforce Spinify App in the AppExchange
You can access the Salesforce App on the AppExchange: http://go.spinify.com/salesforce-app
Installing the Spinify App has the same steps as any other app from the AppExchange:
- Log into the AppExchange
- Click the “Get It Now” button.
- Choose whether you’d like to install in Production or Sandbox Environment.
- Confirm and install the package.
- Choose who to install the Spinify app for. Standard setup is to “Install for All Users” so that users can view the lightning component and leaderboards in Salesforce.
- Click “Install”.
- Click “Yes, grant access to these third-party web sites”.
Note: The purpose of this is to push the data to be shown on Leaderboards to our API and for user authentication purposes.
- Wait while the package is installed. This will take several minutes.
2. Connect Salesforce to Spinify
Check out Salesforce App Setup to get your Salesforce Spinify app setup
Initial Setup Completed
Spinify is now setup to sync objects from Salesforce to your Spinify Leaderboards.
In the Salesforce app you can setup more users, customize the fields or change the user syncing with Spinify.
Check out the help article on the Salesforce App Setup for more details.
Advanced Syncing Options
Spinify by default will sync Deals (Opportunities), Accounts, Leads, Calls, Emails, Meetings.
If you use custom fields or custom objects to represent these things, you will want to go into the advanced sync options to configure this.
See the following for further details on the Salesforce Configuration.
What Happens when My Salesforce Admin Leaves My Company
Sometimes you may notice that the Salesforce App installed in your Salesforce Org is experiencing problems with Authenticating with the Spinify API because the user that setup the app originally is no longer an active user in Salesforce.
To resolve this simply follow the simple steps in Changing Salesforce Syncing User.