1. Create a New Leaderborad
- Log into MySpinify - https://my.spinify.com
- From the left hand menu click "Competitions" then click "Leaderboards"
- Click the "Add Leaderboard" button at the top right.
2. Choose The Leaderboard Type
Click anywhere on the box that says "Fun"
3. Set Your Leaderboard Title
Enter a name and description. These details will be displayed on the top of the leaderboard and in the mobile apps to let your team know what type of leaderboard it is. Try to get creative with themes E.G.
- Name "Top of the Mountain"
- Description "Reach the top! Make 100 sales"
4. Set The Leaderboard Goal
The Goal is what your staff need to do to win. A few different examples are if you want them to make Sales, then you would Select “Deals Won” or make calls then choose “Calls Made”.
The options you have depend on the Integrations that you have connected.
You now have the option to set a Target. You can either turn of the leaderboards target by unchecking the option "Do you want to set a target?" or you can give each person on the leaderboard an individual target if you check on "Do you want participants to have individual targets?". If you choose to give individual targets you will choose their targets in the Users section lower down the form.
If you choose the "Value of" target then you can also choose the "Field to calculate" to make sure the leaderboard is using the field you want the score to come from.
Note: Setting no target will use the participant in first place as the target for the leaderboard. E.G. Fred is coming first with a score of 10 and John has a score of 6, then Fred will have a full progress bar %100 and John will have his progress bar at %60.
For Google Sheets you will need to choose the sheet and columns for the users email and score. For more info read How To Setup Google Sheets for Spinify Leaderboards.
5. Adjust Your Leaderboards Filters
After you have chosen your goal and target you can customize the filters. The filters are the rules for the goal you have selected. Notice if you choose something like "Any Deals" as your goal the filter only has "LastUpdated is within Leaderboard duration". This is because it wont matter if the deal is won, closed or created it will give participants a point for any deal that is updated during the leaderboards duration.
You can add, remove and change filters to make the exact type of leaderboard you need.
Once finished changing/checking the filters depending on your goal you may have the option to change who on the record is awarded the points. This allows you to create different leaderboards for records that have multiple owners.
You can also choose how you want the target to be displayed.
- Currency - $10,000
- Number - 10000
- Percentage - 10%
Lastly you can set what you want the target name displayed on the Leaderboard to be. This should be the name of the metric the participants on the leaderboard are trying to do to get points on the leaderboard.
6. Change The Leaderboard Duration
The Duration controls how long the leaderboard should run for. You can choose the "Duration Type" to be:
- One Off - The leaderboard will start at and end at the dates that you specify. If you want the leaderboard to start immediately do not change the "Start Date & Time".
Note you can schedule Leaderboards to start in the future so that you can get leaderboards ready for upcoming events.
- Recurring Daily - The leaderboard will recur daily ending at midnight and starting again for the new day.
- Recurring Weekly (Sunday - Saturday) - The leaderboard will recur each week starting on Saturday and ending on Sunday.
- Recurring Weekly (Monday - Friday) - The leaderboard will recur each week starting on Monday and ending on Friday.
- Recurring Weekly (Monday - Saturday) - The leaderboard will recur each week starting on Monday and ending on Saturday.
- Recurring Monthly - The leaderboard will recur monthly ending at midnight of the last day of the month and starting again for the new month.
- Recurring Every 2 Weeks (Monday - Sunday) - The leaderboard will recur every second week starting on Monday and ending on Sunday.
- Recurring Every 2 Weeks (Sunday - Saturday) - The leaderboard will recur every second week starting on Sunday and ending on Saturday.
- Recurring Quarterly - The leaderboard will recur every three months starting from the current month.
7. Add Participants To Your Leaderboard
Before adding Participants you need to decide whether the leaderboard will be challenging Teams (groups of users working together) or Users (everyone competing for their own target).
Once you select the type, you will be able to add your choice to the Leaderboard (Users or Teams). You are unable to have a Leaderboard that includes both Teams and Users, so when you change the type field it will remove any added participants.
Select a user or team from the "Add User"/"Add Team" drop down and they will be added to the list of participants.
You may also just press "Add All Users"/"Add All Teams" to add all the users/teams from your account to the Leaderboard.
If you have chosen an incorrect participant, you can select "Remove" from the Action list. This will remove them from this Leaderboard (not your account).
You can also change the Target per user if you chose "Do you want participants to have individual targets?" in the Goal section. More info in How do I create individual targets?
Note a participant may not be part of 2 different teams in the same leaderboard, attempting to do so will pop a warning.
At this point, you can either click 'Add Leaderboard' to create your race leaderboard, or you can continue to adjust the optional settings.
1. Add Your Leaderboard To Channels
If you have some channels setup you can choose them here so that when you create this new leaderboard it will automatically be added to those channels.
If you have not setup your channel yet you can do so after you finish creating your leaderboard, check out TV Channels for more info.
2. Change The Leaderboard Theme
Here you can adjust some settings for the way your leaderboard will look. You can show/hide the scores and choose your Race Theme. Check the live preview above to see the adjustments you make appear on there.
3. Change The Layout of Your Leaderboard
There are many options to make your leaderboard suit your visual needs, whether that is for practical changes such as limiting the amount of users to come up on the leaderboard or just making it more visually impressive you can turn the options on and off to see the visual change it makes in the live preview on the right.
4. Adjust The Leaderboard Screen Options
There are optional screens which can accompany a leaderboard when its played on your TV. Click the button to "Toggle Options" and you will have the ability to set the length of these screens, as well as disable them. Here's a brief overview of each of the optional screens:
- Tale of the Tape - Before a leaderboard is shown a participant with interesting stats may be shown. For more info check out Player Profile screen ( Tale Of The Tape).
- Overtake Screen - Shows a recent position change for the next leaderboard. For more info check out Leaderboard Overtake Screen.
- Winner Screen - This screen shows a participant who met their target during the leaderboard. For more info check out Leaderboard Winners Screen.
5. Set the Leaderboard Gamification Rewards
The reward is the number of gamification points given to anyone that reaches the target. You can adjust the number of points given to the winners as well as change the rule for who is the winner(s) of the leaderboard.
Create Your Leaderboard
Once you're satisfied with the settings for your leaderboard click "Add Leaderboard" and the Leaderboard will be created and added to your leaderboard list. You can also check on "Keep Leaderboard as a draft" if you don't want your leaderboard to be visible yet to players.
The Leaderboard will appear on the TV at the Start Date & Time.
Note if you have your TV already running with this newly added leaderboard in its channel or showing the Launch TV option, it may take up to 10 minutes to get added to the rotation. If you manually refresh the TV it will be part of the rotation immediately.