After creating your Spinify Account you will need to link your Slack team with Spinify so that praises done in your Slack team you choose to run a leaderboard on are synced.
1. Go to the integrations page
- Log into MySpinify - https://my.spinify.com
- From the left hand menu click "Settings" then click "Integrations"
2. Connect Slack with Spinify
- Choose "Connect" on the Slack Integration
- Note: if you have a popup blocker you will need to enable popups for https://my.spinify.com - or ‘allow’ popups for this session.
- If you have multiple teams, select the team you want to connect to Spinify
- In the popup, select "Authorize" to complete the connection
Note: At this point, the Spinify Slack App will be installed on your Slack instance automatically.
3. Map Slack Users to Spinify
After Slack is connected, the "Connect" button will now show a green tick. The next step will be to configure the Slack account.
- Select the settings cog on the Slack integration card
- You will then be prompted with a list of Spinify Users and a drop down with the Slack users name and email address.
- For each Spinify user that is in Slack, choose their user in Slack from the corresponding dropdown.
- Once all users are configured, choose Save at the bottom.
Note:If you have not created your MySpinify users yet you can follow this Article about How To Add Users.
How to use Slack App
Once the app is installed the team will get a new command /praise username. This allows the team to thank their coworkers and elevate them a leaderboard based on "Praises".
You can now create a leaderboard with Slack praises.