Chromecast to multiple devices by following the steps below
- Depending on the number of chromecasts that you would like to use, you must setup a user for each one in the Chrome Browser. To do this, simply click the settings button in the top right corner of the Chrome browser (it looks like three horizontal lines stacked on top of one another). Click the menu item that reads “Settings”. Another screen will open and you will notice an area toward the bottom where you can add a “Person”. If you have three Chromecasts that you would like to use at once, simply add three “Persons”. I like naming these something simple such as “Chromecast 1”, “Chromecast 2”, etc.
- Now it is time to Chromecast to multiple devices. Now, you are going to want to open separate Chrome windows (not tabs), for the number of Chromecasts that you will be casting to. You are going to have a dedicated window open (not tab) for each Chromecast. If you don’t know how to do this, in Windows simply right click on the Chrome Browser icon on your desktop and choose “New Window”.
- You will notice in the top right of the Chrome Browser windows, you are going to see an area where you can switch between the “Persons” who you setup in step number 1. Now, all you need to do is choose a different person for each window.
- Now, go into each window and launch the channel that you want to cast to the Chromecasts. You will need to do this in each browser window. For more information on launching channels, see this article.
- Now go into each window and click the Chromecast tab in the top right browser bar and choose a different Chromecast for each window. You should now be able to Chromecast to multiple devices by using a single PC. This works perfectly in situations where you would like to cast Google Slides or Web sites to multiple displays without using multiple computers. The only downside to this is that your source is coming from three different windows so if you want them in sync with one another, that might now work too well.