Essentially, Google Sheets' SUMIF Function is designed to calculate data that is based on one condition.
You can use the SUMIF function to add up each player's scores, giving you a list of events in a spreadsheet, like this:
You can then use this data to create your competitions in Spinify. Follow the instructions below to set up your SUMIF Formula.
1. Start by adding a new tab to your Google Sheet
2. Add an Email column with each participant's email address:
3. Add a score column and start to add the SUMIF formula to the first score cell. To do this, select the cell and press the = key on your keyboard, and then type "SUMIF("
4. For the first parameter, switch to the tab which holds your data, and select the email address column:
5. Next, switch back to your new tab and choose the email address cell next to the score cell that you are entering the formula in:
6. Then for the last parameter, switch back to your data tab and choose the amount column
7. Close the function with a ')', and then press the 'Enter' key to complete the formula, as so:
8. You can then drag the score formula down to fill in the score totals for all of your participants!
If you need an extra hand, click the “💬 Help” icon on the bottom right of the page to chat with our Customer Success Team.