To run competitions using your Tableau data, you'll first need to set up your Integration.
Use the interactive player below to learn how to connect Tableau to Spinify:
Or, see the step list below:
1. Create your Tableau Token
- Sign in to your Tableau account
- Click on your avatar in the top right corner to activate the drop-down menu and select 'My Account Settings':
- Scroll down to the 'Personal Access Tokens' section and enter a name for your new token and click 'Create new token':
- Copy the token secret to your clipboard
2. Go to the Integrations Page
- Log into your MySpinify account
- From the top-right menu click "Settings"
- You should automatically land on the Integrations section, but double-check by ensuring the "Integrations" tab is highlighted in orange
3. Connect Tableau with Spinify
- Select "Connect" on the Tableau tile
- Enter your personal access token details
- Back in Tableau, navigate to the home page and copy the URL out of the address bar of your browser
- Paste your home screen URL in the same form as your personal access token details and click 'Activate'
4. Tableau is integrated
- The "Activate" button will become "Deactivate" which means your Tableau account has been connected with Spinify.
- You can now set up competitions using your Tableau data.
Note: If you haven't created MySpinify users yet, see: How To Add Users.